HOW CAN I BE PREPARED?
DCU’s Active Shooter Defense Program is unlike any other active shooter program. It is a fully interactive and mobile learning solution exploiting the power of visualization to train and prepare students. It is designed from the beginning to be deployed the way people want it, on their phone or tablets. Each section is short and can be taken a “piece at a time,” so you can do it in between classes, during breaks at work, or when you have free time.
IF SOMEONE STARTED OPENING FIRE, WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO?
In the last decade, the world has witnessed too many violent school and workplace-shooting incidents. The loss of our children, family members, friends, classmates, and co-workers, to quote the President of the United States, “has become all too routine!” These senseless acts of violence shake the very foundation of our nation!
Each time an incident occurs, there is considerable discussion about “why” this individual committed these despicable acts.
Were they mentally ill? And how did they get a gun? People blame guns laws and police for being unprepared, but they can’t be everywhere at all times.
While we certainly need to consider these questions, and look for solutions, it is not a matter of “why,” but simply, “when” will it happen again?
Here is the breakdown of what you will learn in the program
- Accept responsibility
- Trust the little voice inside
- Will and self-discipline to learn
- Color codes of awareness
- Monitor baseline
- Combat natural bias
- Combat attention fixation
RAPID THREAT ASSESSMENT
- Proximity of the threat
- Armament / weapons
- Actions and demeanor
LOOK, LISTEN, MOVE
- Look, listen and move to cover
NOTIFYING THE AUTHORITIES
- Notification of authorities
- The 911 call
- Cellular phones
- Social media
- When the police arrive
DECISION TO ESCAPE
- 8 steps to escape
- Will to survive
LOCK DOWN OR HIDE
- Access denial
- Weapons of opportunity
- Maintaining self-control under stress
- Other person – loss of composure
- Have a plan?
- Immediate action plan
- 3 critical elements of response
- Considerations for a backup plan
- Be aware of secondary threats
- Personal protective measures
- Emergency target hardening
- Concealment and cover
- Overcoming freezing
- Other escape considerations
- Increase your options
- Concept of hiding and camouflage
- Size, shine and speed
- Move through a building
- Corners, shadows and doorways
- Staying low
- Seeing at night
FIRE ESCAPE PLAN
- Fire and the active shooter
- Identify and move
- Look, listen and feel
- Critical fire safety tips
DECISION TO DEFEND
- 4 steps to defend
- Prepare yourself
- Defensive timing
- Family action plan
- 4 steps if separated from family
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- Individuals and teams
DECIDING TO FIGHT
- Defend and fight
- Disrupt and distract
- Tactics to use to defend and fight
- Improvised weapons
- What if i have a firearm?
- Focus and fear
- Fear story
WHEN LAW ENFORCEMENT ARRIVES
- How to respond to police
- Should you give a statement to the police
- Arrested – taken to police station
- How to become a five seconds – unstoppable force
- Home safe home: Make your home virtually invulnerable
- Rape prevention 101: Woman’s guide to staying safe
- The untouchable traveler: 10 simple secrets
- The city survival bible: Be a survivor
- Mightier than the sword: Disable any attacker
- Rambo: Senior’s guide to staying safe
- Secret of legal, self-defense
- Secrets of extreme self-defense
- Kid commando: How your kids can recognize and avoid danger
Like all Threat Survival System Programs, it is authentically mobile, which means you can take it wherever and whenever you want. The program works on your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone and once you get your login credentials, is available to you 24 X 7! The micro-learning model that we employ in the Threat Survival System Programs means you can break down content into manageable chunks just like YouTube. This increases information retention, and if necessary, provides accessible tools that are available at a moment’s notice.
Get this course now for only $299.99
360° Situational Awareness program and get prepared to make fast, critical decisions that could save your life and the lives of others.