CLOSE QUARTER COMBAT TRANSITIONSTactics, Techniques and Procedures that teach empty hand to weapon and weapon to empty hand skills in close quarter combat
This is a one-day ‘hands-on’ course that teaches the law enforcement officer how to confidently integrate your hand-to-hand and weapon skills in extreme close quarter engagements. You will learn when a gun response is tactically realistic and how to deploy your weapon under duress at extreme close quarters to engage an assailant.
The course goes in-depth to teach flow dynamics, disruption principles, core combatives and weapon skills necessary to transition from unarmed to handgun and knife when circumstances dictate to affect arrest, neutralize threats and mitigate risk to the officer and potential civilian casualties.
Close Quarter Combat Transitions is an immediate precision technology that allows the operator to transition in close quarter combat and extreme close quarter combat from unarmed to weapon system and from weapon system to empty hand state to engage conflict.
Emphasis is placed upon teaching the officer, agent or operator how to create time, distance and opportunity to deploy their weapon or retain their weapon and to maintain situational awareness in multiple threat situations.
Participants will discover the limitations of each tool and learn to adapt through congruent combat technology to solve problems, deal with violence and move through a CQC environment employing any level of force necessary.
FROM 4 HOURS TO 1 DAY
- Understanding the threats
- Defense against knife
- The Transition from empty hand to gun in a knife attack
- Anatomical considerations for creating time and space to draw your service weapon
- Disruption principles and how they integrate to your weapon presentation
- Your handgun as a ‘cold weapon’
- Support hand / Firing hand
- Words-what you say or don’t say
- The beat down and drawing your weapon
- Defense against an impact weapon
- Disarming the impact weapon
- Transitioning to your firearm
- Defensive Timing-the dynamics of speed, response and distance
- Disarm or draw?
- Skills and Drills
- Distance and reactionary gap exercises
- From pre-emption to gun
- High risk weapon countermeasures and transitioning
- Strategic exercises on the objective
- More than one assailant
- Q & A
Interested in attending or hosting this course? Contact us now!
Kidnapping is a booming business all around the world. Despite what most people think, kidnapping does not just happen in war-torn lands, in Third World countries or in those slums on the wrong side of town. Kidnappers can strike anywhere, in any town, in any city or...
As Parisians enjoyed an evening out on Friday, Nov. 13, 2015, terrorists obliterated the mood with mass shootings and four suicide bombings in multiple locations. These coordinated attacks left 130 people dead and hundreds injured across Paris in another...
While shopping at my local supermarket, I witnessed something so vile that I just have to tell you about it. I’m not sharing this experience merely to put a sensational story in my newsletter. I want to increase your awareness about the potential dangers...